It’s the year 2018, voice command technology is the new fidget spinner and electric vehicles are getting faster, but cheaper. Finally, the world is innovating again and making big leaps in the tech industry.
Since the introduction of Apple’s Siri in 2011 and the intelligent adaptation of J.A.R.V.I.S in the box office hit Iron Man three years earlier. Voice command technology has evolved at a rapid pace with phenomenal innovative products such as Amazon Echo’s Alexa and Google Home. Taking us closer to the full voice assistant displayed in the Marvel movies, which gets me super excited about the future and awakening the Tony Stark in all of us.
With Voice Search queries increasing exponentially in the past 12 months and reports showing over 18 million voice devices sold in quarter 4 of 2017 alone (according to CIRP survey, stated by Voicebot), optimising your business website for voice search is no longer a luxury but a necessity. This has prompted a huge surge in search volume for the keyphrase “How do I optimise voice search?”. Luckily the team here have put together some handy tips for you.
Tip #1: Optimise Your Site For Conversational Keyphrases
- Add questions and answers to product or service pages – as most voice search queries being ‘long tail’ phrases in question form.
- Create FAQ pages on your website. Research popular answers and questions online surrounding your product and service offerings. Also, write blogs answering some of the more complex and popular questions.
- Make sure to include short and concise answers in the FAQ sections.
Tip #2: Optimise For Local Searches
- Update your Google My Business listings (GMB).
- Include ‘near me’ content on service and product pages. Your potential clients or customers could be using their device to ask where your product is service is ‘near me’.
Tip #3: Make Your Domain Authoritative
- Try get your site featured snippet using schema.
- Make your content and website mobile friendly.
- Make your site secure, with https.
- Rank high in core search – Ensure core SEO practices are carried out on the website.
Tip #4: Share Your Content on Social Media Frequently
- Create Simply, easy-to-read content and share it so that Search Bots are more likely to ‘pick it up’.
Tip #5: Create Actions for Google
- Actions on Google lets you extend the functionality of the Google Assistant with actions.
- Actions also let users get things done through a conversational interface ranging from quick command to trivial answers.
- Use Google Developer Project to create “Actions”
If you are already doing SEO for organic search on your website, you are already on the right track to optimise for Voice. With a few tweaks or additions to your site you can be well in-front of your competitors. If you’d like to learn more or would like some help, contact Results First today.